Indian cricketers remain under pressure to make statements against Pakistan: Shahid Afridi
Former Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi has alleged that Indian cricketers remain under pressure for making comments against his country.
Afridi remarked at a time when the relationship between India and Pakistan has further deteriorated following the terror attack on tourists in Jammu and Kashmir's scenic Pahalgam town.
Speaking to Samaa TV, Afridi said: "Indian players were forced to speak against Pakistan. There remains pressure on the Indian players to make statements against Pakistan."
"Indian players have told themselves that there remains pressure on them [Indian players] to speak against Pakistan," he said.
He said even if firecrackers burst in India, New Delhi blames Pakistan for it.
Targeting Indian PM Narendra Modi, Afridi told the Pakistani news channel: "From the day Narendra Modi became the prime minister, the situation became tense."
He said India should show evidence to prove that Pakistan was involved in the Pahalgam terror attack.
"India should produce any evidence it has against Pakistan. Pakistan has presented evidence to the world against India," he said.
After the Pahalgam attack on April 22, the deadliest terrorist strike that Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed in more than five years, India announced several measures against Pakistan, including the suspension of the Indus Valley Treaty and the closure of the Attari border functioning last week.
The government revoked Pakistani nationals’ eligibility for travel under the SAARC Visa Exemption Scheme (SVES), declaring all existing visas issued under the scheme invalid.
Additionally, all Pakistani nationals were asked to leave India within 48 hours of the order.
Pahalgam massacre
On the afternoon of April 22, around 1:50 PM, attackers emerged from Baisaran's pine forests and opened fire on tourists.
Survivors said the gunmen asked some victims about their religion and demanded they recite Islamic verses.
Those who failed or hesitated were shot in the head.
Security officials said at least five terrorists split into smaller groups and attacked three zones in the meadow.
Lasting under ten minutes, the assault left 26 dead, including 25 tourists and a local pony operator.
Two security personnel — from the Navy and the Intelligence Bureau — were also killed.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Jemimah Rodrigues opts out of remainder of WBBL season after Smriti Mandhana's wedding gets postponed
Mumbai/IBNS: Brisbane Heat have announced that Indian batting star Jemimah Rodrigues will not rejoin the squad for the rest of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) season, after she requested to remain in India following the postponement of teammate Smriti Mandhana’s wedding.

Smriti Mandhana’s fiance Palash Muchhal discharged — wedding date still a mystery amid viral chat scandal
Mumbai/IBNS: Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana’s fiancé Palash Muchhal was discharged from hospital on Wednesday, while uncertainty over the couple’s rescheduled wedding date continues.

Smriti Mandhana's father discharged, fresh wedding date still uncertain amid viral online chat involving Palash Muchhal
Mumbai/IBNS: Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana’s father, Srinivas, who was recently hospitalised following a heart attack, has been discharged, media reports said.

Humiliation for Team India! South Africa clean-sweeps Test series 2-0
Guwahati/IBNS: Team India suffered a major setback on Wednesday as South Africa completed a dominant 2–0 clean sweep on Indian soil, winning the second Test convincingly.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

