'I felt the need to express my version': Trina Saha on KIFF controversy
Kolkata/IBNS: Bengali actor Trina Saha had earlier lashed out at a journalist on social media for "trolling" her based on her television works for sharing the dais with top Hindi film stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan at the inauguration ceremony of the 28th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF).
In a social media post, Trina had written, "Can movie actors/actresses or television actors/actresses be divided into any category??? Everyone's job is to give entertainment to people!!! Everyone is established in their own place. But why is television always belittled from movies? There is no room for conflict in movies or television.
"'SRK' wouldn't have done 'Circus' (the television soap) then!! So my dear journalist/journalists- 'criticism does not require competence. It takes competence to be criticised.'"
When asked about how she deals with this kind of trolling, Trina on the sidelines of an event on Friday told India Blooms that she felt the need to respond on this occasion.
She said, "Anyone can voice their opinion. I have never replied to any trolling earlier. But in this case, the person who has trolled me belongs to the same fraternity."
"I think receiving trolling from a person who belongs to the same fraternity is very humiliating because artists have never done that (to them) ever in a public forum. I felt I needed to put forward my version but rest no one can change people's mentality," the popular Bengali television actor added.
After attending the KIFF inauguration ceremony which was held at Netaji Indoor Stadium on Dec 15, Trina, who first caught the limelight through the hugely popular Bengali daily soap Khorkuto, expressed her excitement over sharing the dais with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who has millions of fans across the country.
Posting a picture with Shah Rukh on her personal Instagram handle, Trina had written, "No Caption Needed Thank u Thank u Thank u @arindamsil for the capture."
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

He doesn’t fight evil, he destroys it! Nandamuri Balakrishna's Akhanda 2 teaser unleashes divine fury
Hyderabad/IBNS: The makers of the highly anticipated Telugu fantasy action drama Akhanda 2 have released the film’s teaser, showcasing Nandamuri Balakrishna reprising his dual role as Akhanda and Murali Krishna from the 2021 original.

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5
Pranav Mohanlal starrer Malayalam blockbuster Dies Irae, directed by Rahul Sadasivan, has locked its OTT release date, media reports said.

Tota, Abir and Mimi to star in Srijit Mukherji’s new film ‘Emperor vs Sarat Chandra’
Kolkata/IBNS: Celebrated filmmaker Srijit Mukherji has announced his latest project, Emperor vs Sarat Chandra, a powerful cinematic interpretation commemorating the centenary of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s iconic novel Pather Dabi.

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews
Mumbai/IBNS: Dhanush and Kriti Sanon’s Tere Ishk Mein opened to packed theatres on Friday, registering a strong initial response at the box office.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

