BCCI reacts to reports claiming change in family rules after Virat Kohli's criticism
Mumbai/IBNS: The BCCI is not changing the new policy restricting cricketers' family members from staying with the players on tours for long, rubbishing reports claiming an alteration in the rule after star batter Virat Kohli's open criticism, media reports said.
"At this stage, the current policy will remain intact, as it is of paramount importance to both the nation and our institution, the BCCI," Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Devajit Saikia told Cricbuzz on Wednesday.
During a promotional event for the upcoming edition of Indian Premier League (IPL), Kohli stressed on the importance of families on bad days at office.
"If you ask any player, do you want your family to be around you all the time? You'll be like, yes. I don't want to go to my room and just sit alone and sulk. I want to be able to be normal.
"And then you can really treat your game as something that is a responsibility. You finish that responsibility, and you come back to life," the former India captain said.
In January this year, the BCCI took a slew of measures including restricting cricketers' families from joining the sportsmen on long tours after India faced a humiliating defeat in the hands of Australia in Border Gavaskar Trophy.
However, the on-field scenario has changed vastly since then.
After consecutive bilateral wins at home, India went on to clinch Champions Trophy 2025 this month.
After an undefeated Champions Trophy campaign, the Team India players will now dissociate into various franchises to feature in the 18th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) which begins on March 22.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Yuvraj Samra scripts history! First associate nation batter to smash T20 World Cup century
Chennai/IBNS: Canada’s Yuvraj Samra on Tuesday became the first player from an associate nation to score a century in the history of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup.

England edge past Italy despite Ben Manenti’s stunning counter-attack in T20 World Cup
Kolkata/IBNS: The England cricket team survived a spirited challenge from the Italy national cricket team to secure a 24-run victory in their first-ever meeting on the cricket field in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2026 at Eden Gardens on Monday.

From 105/5 to dominance: Will Jacks’ blazing knock rescues England at Eden Gardens
Kolkata/IBNS: A blazing half-century by Will Jacks powered England to post a challenging target of 203 against Italy in their Group C clash of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2026 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Monday.

Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Yousuf blast PCB chief Mohsin Naqvi after Pakistan’s humiliating T20 World Cup loss to India
Former Pakistan cricketers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Yousuf launched a scathing attack on Mohsin Naqvi, chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), following Pakistan’s crushing defeat to India in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2025.
Latest News

Major power upgrade initiative aims to ensure reliable electricity supply in Agartala

Out on interim bail, Rajpal Yadav urges film fraternity to offer him roles

Assam Rifles seizes Heroin worth Rs. 4.05 Cr in Cachar district, Assam

Amrit Bharat station scheme transforming Railway infrastructure across Assam and Northeast

