Brazilian star Neymar undergoes surgery on left knee
Brazil forward Neymar has undergone successful surgery after suffering a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his left knee, medical staff treating him said.
The 31-year-old sustained the injury during Brazil's 2-0 loss to Uruguay in their World Cup qualifier in Montevideo last month and he now faces at least six months on the sidelines.
"We were very satisfied with the results," Brazil team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar said in a brief statement.
"It was a success. He will remain in hospital for another 24 or 48 hours depending on his clinical progress," Lasmar said.
Lasmar added that "the next step is rehabilitation and physiotherapy" but he did say when the Al Hilal star would be ready to return.
Specialists have said Neymar will require up to eight months to fully recover, meaning he could miss the Copa America, to be played in the United States next June and July.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Jemimah Rodrigues opts out of remainder of WBBL season after Smriti Mandhana's wedding gets postponed
Mumbai/IBNS: Brisbane Heat have announced that Indian batting star Jemimah Rodrigues will not rejoin the squad for the rest of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) season, after she requested to remain in India following the postponement of teammate Smriti Mandhana’s wedding.

Smriti Mandhana’s fiance Palash Muchhal discharged — wedding date still a mystery amid viral chat scandal
Mumbai/IBNS: Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana’s fiancé Palash Muchhal was discharged from hospital on Wednesday, while uncertainty over the couple’s rescheduled wedding date continues.

Smriti Mandhana's father discharged, fresh wedding date still uncertain amid viral online chat involving Palash Muchhal
Mumbai/IBNS: Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana’s father, Srinivas, who was recently hospitalised following a heart attack, has been discharged, media reports said.

Humiliation for Team India! South Africa clean-sweeps Test series 2-0
Guwahati/IBNS: Team India suffered a major setback on Wednesday as South Africa completed a dominant 2–0 clean sweep on Indian soil, winning the second Test convincingly.
Latest News

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

Suspected child lifter from Bihar severely assaulted by mob in Teliamura

