Sorry to all cricket fans and BCCI, reacts Shami after failing to reach 18-men squad for Australia tour
Indian fast bowling star Mohammed Shami, who is trying to gain full fitness after ankle surgery, on Sunday said 'sorry' to fans and the Board of Control for Cricket in India after he failed to find a place in the 18-member squad for the upcoming Australia tour.
He shared a video on Instagram where the pacer could be seen sweating out in the gym.
He wrote on Instagram: "Putting in my efforts and getting better with my bowling fitness day-by-day. Will continue working hard towards getting ready for the match and to play domestic red ball cricket."
Shami said he will try to return to Indian team by performing in domestic cricket.
"Sorry to all cricket fans and bcci too, but very soon I’m ready to play red ball cricket , love you all," he said.
Shami wrote his comments at a time when India lost the home series against New Zealand.
It was India's first defeat on home turf since 2012.
Shami has been out of action since last year's World Cup final in Ahemadabad when he suffered an ankle injury.
He underwent an operation in February.
He has been undergoing rehabilitation at Bengaluru's National Cricket Academy as a part of his recovery.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Yuvraj Samra scripts history! First associate nation batter to smash T20 World Cup century
Chennai/IBNS: Canada’s Yuvraj Samra on Tuesday became the first player from an associate nation to score a century in the history of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup.

England edge past Italy despite Ben Manenti’s stunning counter-attack in T20 World Cup
Kolkata/IBNS: The England cricket team survived a spirited challenge from the Italy national cricket team to secure a 24-run victory in their first-ever meeting on the cricket field in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2026 at Eden Gardens on Monday.

From 105/5 to dominance: Will Jacks’ blazing knock rescues England at Eden Gardens
Kolkata/IBNS: A blazing half-century by Will Jacks powered England to post a challenging target of 203 against Italy in their Group C clash of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2026 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Monday.

Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Yousuf blast PCB chief Mohsin Naqvi after Pakistan’s humiliating T20 World Cup loss to India
Former Pakistan cricketers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Yousuf launched a scathing attack on Mohsin Naqvi, chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), following Pakistan’s crushing defeat to India in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2025.
Latest News

'Tech event without technology': AI Impact Summit faces massive embarrassment as attendees slam mismanagement

Meta expands AI empire with NVIDIA’s cutting-edge infrastructure

AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi. What issues were discussed?

Yotta’s Mega AI Power Play: 20,736 NVIDIA Blackwell Ultra GPUs to ignite one of Asia’s largest superclusters

