Canada: Ontario to build 49 affordable homes near Brantford city
Brantford/IBNS: On behalf of Steve Clark, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing for Ontario, an announcement of a combined $3 million investment to fund 49 new affordable homes in Paris, near the City of Brantford was made earlier this week, a news release has said.
With a total of 49 units, the new four-storey apartment building will offer accessible living with barrier-free apartments including units specially designed for people experiencing sensory loss, such as low vision and hearing loss.
The apartment will also include affordable rentals for survivors of domestic violence, Indigenous people, and small families with mixed-income levels and some households even receiving rent assistance and subsidies.
With common space the building will also feature amenities on the main floor such as laundry, a common area and electric scooter parking.
Residents will be close to amenities such as public transportation, grocery stores, pharmacies, schools, and employment opportunities.
Funding provided for this project includes $2.45 million from the federal government through the National Housing Strategy’s National Housing Co-Investment Fund, $260,000 from the provincial and federal governments through Ontario Priorities Housing Initiative (OPHI), and $340,000 from the provincial government through Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF).
Construction of the project started Spring 2023 with a completion date estimated in December 2024.
(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

