Egypt: Russian tourist killed in shark attack
Cairo: A Russian tourist was killed in a shark attack in the Red Sea resort city of Hurghada in southeastern Egypt on Thursday, local media reported.
The Consulate General of Russia in Hurghada confirmed the death of a Russian man as "a result of a shark attack."
The consulate posted a warning on its Facebook page to the Russian citizens in Hurghada to remain vigilant when they are in the sea and to strictly follow the Egyptian authorities' instructions in terms of swimming and diving ban.
A video circulated on social media shows a man swimming in the sea was torn into two parts by a huge shark.
The hotel's lifeguards found one part of the victim's body, and a team managed to find and cage the shark, a source from the hotel where the 24-year-old victim was staying told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Another two tourists were also wounded in the shark attack, the source added.
Shark attacks are relatively rare at the Red Sea resorts in Egypt, but the Egyptian authorities last year had closed off a stretch of the country's Red Sea coastline after two tourists were killed in a shark attack.
Egypt's Red Sea resorts, especially Hurghada, are popular destinations for Russian tourists.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

