Maldives: 10kgs of drugs seized from Pakistani traveller
Male: A Pakistani visitor who was trying to bring drugs into the Maldives was apprehended, media reports said.
Following a journey from Pakistan's Faisalabad on Monday, the traveler landed at Velana International Airport carrying 10 kilograms of drugs, according to the Maldives Customs Service.
A 25-year-old guy has been named as the suspect.
Due to his suspicious behavior, customs officers inspected his bags and discovered 10.14kg of cocaine on him, according to Raajje TV.
Authorities at the airport questioned the man after seeing his strange behavior, and they discovered drugs on him that had a street worth of MVR 13 million.
The drugs are expected to have tested positive for heroin during the initial stage of analysis. Customs confirmed that the traveler had been given to the Maldives Police Service (MPS) together with the drugs seized from his luggage.
More research is currently being done.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

