Texas shooting: More than 200 officers searching for key suspect Francisco Oropesa, authorities announce USD 80,000 for information
Cleveland: As many as 250 law enforcement officers from over a dozen agencies are currently engaged to find the gunman accused of shooting and killing five people on Friday night in the US city of Cleveland after neighbors asked him to stop firing his rifle outdoors
The FBI in Houston also released new photos of the accused on Sunday.
The manhunt continued on Sunday, more than 24 hours after 38-year-old Francisco Oropesa gunned down five people, including a minor.
Oropesa is in the country illegally and has been deported previously, an ICE source told Fox News Digital.
He has re-entered the U.S. illegally "multiple" times and ICE last encountered him in 2016, the source said.
FBI tweeted: "Here are the newest images of Francisco Oropesa and a prominent tattoo on his left forearm. Going forward, the subject's last name will be spelled 'Oropesa' to better reflect his identity in law enforcement systems. This remains a fluid investigation."
FBI Houston Special Agent in Charge James Smith announced there’s now also a collective $80,000 reward being offered for information that leads to the suspect’s arrest.
“We don’t have any tips right now to where he may be and that’s why we’ve come up with this reward, so that hopefully somebody out there can call us,” Smith said at Sunday’s news conference as quoted by CNN.
“I can pretty much guarantee you, he’s contacted some of his friends,” Smith said, adding, “We just don’t know what friends they are and that’s what we need from the public, is any type of information because right now we’re running into dead ends.”
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

