NASA's Crew-10 docks with ISS, stranded Indian-origin astronaut Sunita Williams expected to return home soon
Indian-origin astronaut Sunita Williams and Butch Wilmore are further closer now to return to Earth after a replacement crew docked with the orbital outpost on Sunday, NASA said.
Williams and Wilmore have been stranded in the International Space Station for over nine months now.
NASA astronauts Anne McClain and Nichole Ayers, JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) astronaut Takuya Onishi, and Roscosmos cosmonaut Kirill Peskov entered the International Space Station shortly after opening the hatches between the space station and the SpaceX Dragon spacecraft at 1:35 a.m. EDT, read the NASA website.
The new crew members were welcomed to the Space Station by NASA astronauts Nick Hague, Don Petitt, Suni Williams, and Butch Wilmore, as well as Roscosmos cosmonauts Aleksandr Gorbunov, Alexey Ovchinin, and Ivan Vagner.
Hague, Williams, Wilmore, and Gorbunov will return to Earth after a brief handover period.
NASA said they are not expected to return to Earth before March 19.
Williams and Wilmore are stuck in the Space Station since June last year after the Boeing Starliner spacecraft they were testing on its maiden crewed voyage suffered propulsion issues.
It was deemed unfit for flying them back to Earth.
More about Crew-10
McClain is the commander of Crew-10 and is making her second trip to the orbital outpost since her selection as an astronaut in 2013. She will serve as a flight engineer during Expeditions 72/73 aboard the space station.
Ayers is the pilot of Crew-10 and is flying her first mission. Selected as an astronaut in 2021, Ayers will serve as a flight engineer during Expeditions 72/73.
Onishi is a mission specialist for Crew-10 and is making his second flight to the space station.
He will serve as a flight engineer during Expeditions 72/73.
Peskov is a mission specialist for Crew-10 and is making his first flight to the space station.
Peskov will serve as a flight engineer during Expeditions 72/73.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

UN alerts: Global measles cases surge as 30 million children miss vaccines
Measles deaths have dropped by 88 per cent since 2000 – yet an estimated 95,000 people, mostly children, still died from the virus last year, the UN World Health Organisation (WHO) warned on Friday.

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!
Infertility is estimated to affect 1 in 6 people of reproductive age at some point in their lives, World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday.

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival
Once targeted for oil and meat, the whale shark is now being saved by fishers along India’s Arabian Sea coast. What began as a Gujarat-led conservation movement has reached Lakshadweep and Kerala. With awareness drives and rescue compensation, fishers are learning safe disentanglement techniques. Yet, inadequate support and social security gaps continue to challenge the people risking their livelihoods to protect this gentle giant. Mongabay India correspondent K A Shaji reports

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut
Chennai/IBNS: As Cyclone Ditwah moves closer to the north Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts, authorities across multiple sectors have intensified preparations.
Latest News

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5

UN alerts: Global measles cases surge as 30 million children miss vaccines

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon

Tota, Abir and Mimi to star in Srijit Mukherji’s new film ‘Emperor vs Sarat Chandra’

