Imran Khan gets temporary relief: Lahore High Court stops police operation at Zaman Park till 10 am tomorrow
Lahore: The Lahore High Court on Wednesday directed police to stop operation at Zaman Park residence of former Pakistan PM Imran Khan till 10 am on Thursday, giving a temporary relief to the PTI chief who is facing arrest in connectin with Toshakhana case.
LHC’s Justice Tariq Saleem Sheikh, while hearing a petition filed by PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry seeking to stop the “atrocities” outside Zaman Park, passed these orders, reports Dawn News.
The police were seen retreating from the residence following the order given by the court, local media reported.
The police and PTI workers were engaged in a conflict since Tuesday when cops arrived at the former PM's residence to arrest him.
Earlier in the day, Islamabad Police, backed by Punjab Police and Rangers resumed efforts — which began on Tuesday — to arrest Khan who was removed as the PM of Pakistan last year with the passage of a no-confidence vote against him.
Imran Khan reportedly stepped outside his residence after the police retreated.
Wearing a mask, he was seen meeting the PTI workers outside his house.
The video of his meeting was shared on the official Twitter handle of PTI.
The police have arrested 10 PTI workers so far.
Hospital sources told Geo News that at least 54 cops and eight citizens have been injured in the clashes that have been on going since Tuesday.
Earlier in the day, Imran Khan claimed that the real intention of the Pakistani police was to 'abduct and assassinate' him and the plan to 'arrest' was nothing but a mere 'drama'.
"Clearly 'arrest' claim was mere drama because real intent is to abduct & assassinate. From tear gas & water cannons, they have now resorted to live firing. I signed a surety bond last evening, but the DIG refused to even entertain it. There is no doubt of their mala fide intent," Khan tweeted.
Why is Khan facing arrest?
The police reached the residence of the former PM to arrest him in the Toshakhana case. It is the only case in which his arrest warrants have not been suspended.
What is Toshakhana Case?
The reference, which alleges that Imran had not shared details of the gifts he retained from the Toshakhana (during his time as the prime minister) and proceeds from their reported sales, was filed by lawmakers from the ruling coalition last year. On October 21, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had concluded that the former premier had indeed made “false statements and incorrect declarations” regarding the gifts, reports Dawn News.
The Toshakhana is a department under the Cabinet Division that stores gifts given to rulers and government officials by heads of other governments and foreign dignitaries. According to Toshakhana rules, gifts/presents and other such materials received by persons to whom these rules apply shall be reported to the Cabinet Division, the newspaper reported.
The watchdog’s order had even said that the former Pakistan PM stood disqualified under Article 63(1)(p) of the Constitution.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

