Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China
New Delhi/IBNS: Intensifying its investigation into the Red Fort blast case, Delhi Police has now issued notices to all private hospitals across the national capital, asking them to submit records of doctors who obtained their medical degrees abroad.
The hospitals have been directed to provide detailed information on practitioners holding MBBS degrees from Pakistan, Bangladesh, the UAE and China.
According to officials familiar with the development, private medical facilities have been specifically asked to share the names, qualifications and current employment details of doctors trained in these countries and presently working in Delhi.
The move comes as the probe into the November 10 explosion near the Lal Qila metro station continues to expand following the emergence of the Faridabad-based “white-collar” module.
The car blast, which killed 13 people and injured several others, prompted a high-level investigation that uncovered a sophisticated JeM-linked network operating under the guise of professional profiles.
Multiple doctors arrested
In the weeks after the incident, multiple arrests were made across various states.
Investigators discovered that several doctors allegedly working for Jaish-e-Mohammed had been apprehended earlier by inter-state police forces, leading to the recovery of 2,900 kg of explosives.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) later connected the Red Fort blast to these earlier arrests, opening up a wider trail of evidence.
So far, the NIA has arrested seven people in connection with the blast, which involved a Hyundai i20 reportedly driven by Dr Umar Muhammad.
Those arrested include Dr Muzammil Shakeel from Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir; Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather from Anantnag, Jammu & Kashmir; Dr Shaheen Saeed from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; and Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay from Shopian, Jammu & Kashmir.
Officials said these individuals played key roles in planning and executing the attack that claimed multiple lives.
Probe widens; Al Falah land deal under scrutiny
The Enforcement Directorate has also widened its investigation, bringing the Al Falah University land acquisition case under the scanner.
The agency has accused Jawad Ahmed Siddiqui, the university’s chairman and founder, of procuring prime land in Madanpur Khadar, southeast Delhi, using forged documents issued in the names of deceased individuals.
This development comes even as the university is already facing scrutiny after three of its faculty members—who also served as doctors—were arrested for their roles in the “white-collar terror module.”
Investigators now believe that the top leadership of the institution may have been involved in financial irregularities of its own.
Meanwhile, key accused Dr Muzammil Shakeel Ganai, Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather, Dr Shaheen Saeed and Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay were produced before the Patiala House Court on Saturday following the completion of their 10-day NIA custody.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Massive U-turn! Mamata Banerjee finally bows to Centre’s Waqf law after months of fierce resistance
Kolkata/IBNS: In a major shift from its earlier stance, the Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government has accepted the controversial Waqf (Amendment) Act passed by Parliament earlier this year, media reports said.

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student
Lucknow/IBNS: In a remarkable advancement for low-cost educational technology, a 17-year-old student from Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr has engineered an Artificial Intelligence (AI) teacher robot.

PM Modi’s bold statement in Udupi: Gita holds the key to India’s policy direction
Udupi/IBNS: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Laksha Kantha Gita Parayana programme at Sri Krishna Matha in Udupi, Karnataka on Friday.

Breakfast diplomacy! Siddaramaiah and DK Shivakumar rush to defuse Congress power struggle over Idli and Upma
Bengaluru/IBNS: Amid an ongoing power tussle, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and his deputy DK Shivakumar shared a typical South Indian breakfast on Saturday morning at the former's residence in an attempt to diffuse the palpable tension within the state Congress unit.
Latest News

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

Massive U-turn! Mamata Banerjee finally bows to Centre’s Waqf law after months of fierce resistance

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!

