Donald Trump will back Volodymyr Zelenskyy get more air defence from Europe: White House
Washington DC/IBNS: US President Donald Trump has pledged to support Ukraine with more air defence equipment from Europe as Kyiv's forces battle Russia, the White House said Wednesday.
In a phone conversation Tuesday, Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy also agreed that their defence staff will "share information closely" as the battlefield situation evolves, Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told a briefing.
Happening Now—President Trump is in the Oval Office on a call with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine.
— Dan Scavino (@Scavino47) March 19, 2025
President Vladimir Putin Tuesday backed Donald Trump's idea of halting strikes on energy infrastructure by Russia and Ukraine for 30 days and gave such an order to the military after a long phone call with the US President.
Nearly three weeks after a disastrous meeting with Ukraine's President Zelenskyy at the White House, Donald Trump Tuesday called his Russian counterpart in a fresh attempt to resolve the conflict.
The Russian president outlined "a number of significant points" regarding the 30-day ceasefire related to Kyiv's inability to negotiate, a statement by the Kremlin said.
It was emphasized that the key condition for preventing the escalation of the conflict and working towards its resolution in a political and diplomatic way should be the complete cessation of foreign military aid and the provision of intelligence information to Kyiv.
The leaders confirmed their intention to continue efforts to achieve a bilateral settlement in Ukraine, including taking into account the above-mentioned proposals of the President of the United States.
Ukraine had already agreed to a US proposal for a 30-day general ceasefire with Russia, with the United States in turn promising to lift restrictions on military aid and intelligence sharing, a joint statement by the two sides said.
Putin and Trump also touched on other issues of the international agenda, including the situation in the Middle East and the Red Sea region.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

